Minority ethnic older people in Greater Manchester especially in Cheetwood, Cheetham and Salford need more accessible, local and affordable daytime opportunities for social integration to address problems of isolation. Therefore, Golden Age project runs activities to improve the social integration of minority ethnic older people by reducing isolation and enabling them to maintain their independence.
We heavily rely on volunteers to support older people with following activities:
• Older people receive at least one visit from a befriending volunteer a week
• Hold weekly getting together forum for at least 30 beneficiaries
• 20 beneficiaries to attend exercise and computing classes every week
• Outing, shopping together and community social events.
• Recruitment, training and development of 10 volunteers, the majority of whom will be able to speak a relevant African language